Pernigotti's tradition began in 1860 with the opening in Novi Ligure of what would soon become one of the most popular grocery stores in Piedmont. The high quality of the production led his founder Stefano Pernigotti to create ‘Pernigotti & Son’, opening the factory that would be a symbol and a benchmark for the city. In 1882, as a confirmation of its achievements, the company got the Royal Emblem and became an official supplier of the Italian Royal Family.
At the beginning of the 19th century, Pernigotti was already one of the most important companies in its sector, technologically advaced and with an innovative production process. With the second generation the company kept on growing Paolo Pernigotti, thanks to his intelligence and an in-depth knowledge of processing techniques, created a revolutionary honey-based recipe for torrone, by-passing the lack of sugar during the first world war.
After only a few years, in 1927, he started the production of the classic Gianduiotto. The praline with its unmistakable shape where chocolate and hazelnuts are melt together, became soon one of the most appreciated icon of the italian chocolate tradition.